We are so pleased that you would like to join our community! We suggest the following steps to complete the admissions process:
- Schedule a school tour and meeting with us to answer a few questions.
- Complete an admissions questionnaire to determine if an appropriate placement can be made. If we have an opening in the particular grade, we consult with parents, the child’s previous school, and our own Saint Thomas teachers.
- Complete the registration forms after receiving word that an appropriate placement is available. At this time, we also can schedule a time for your child to “shadow” another student at Saint Thomas for a day.
A couple of requirements to keep in mind:
- For the 3- or 4-year-old preschool programs, the child must be 3 or 4, respectively, by September 1. Exceptions may be made when class size allows. We require a physical examination within a year prior to the first day of school, and the student's required immunizations must be complete.
- For kindergarten, a child must be 5 years old on or before the date specified by the State of Michigan Department of Education. We require a physical examination within a year prior to the first day of school, and the student's required immunizations must be complete. The parents and teacher must agree that the child is ready for kindergarten.
At registration, we ask for a non-refundable fee. Please refer to our Tuition Information for a current fee schedule. Enrollment is not finalized until we have received this fee and it is accepted by the parish office. When the number seeking enrollment is greater than the available openings, students will be admitted according to the following priorities:
- Children of parishioners currently enrolled (P-8).
- Children of parishioners seeking entry level enrollment (Preschool and Kindergarten).
- Non-parishioner children currently enrolled (1-8).
- Children of parishioners with siblings currently enrolled (1-8).
- Non-parishioner children with siblings currently enrolled (1-8).
- Children of parishioners seeking enrollment (1-8).
- Other Catholic children from outside the parish.
- Children from families of other religious faiths.
Please note that admission to the preschool programs does not automatically allow for admission to Saint Thomas School. Upon admission to kindergarten, admission to subsequent grades is automatic.
If you are interested in registering your child at Saint Thomas School, download and complete the Admissions Questionnaire (PDF).
Then mail it to 1429 Wilcox Park Drive SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506
or e-mail it to Sue Ysasi at
. Please join us!
Parishioner Tuition Agreement
Non-Parishioner Tuition Agreement
Enrichment/Homework Haven Enrollment and Tuition Agreement