2021-22 Saint Thomas the Apostle School Tuition and Fees
Saint Thomas the Apostle Parish generously underwrites more than one-third of the expenses incurred in the education of each student admitted to our school. Due to this generosity, we are able to offer a dynamic education of the highest quality to students at the tuition rates found below. In addition, there is a registration fee ($125 per student with a $250 maximum) and a technology insurance fee ($25 per student for grades 1-8). The registration fee is due at the time you enroll. The technology fee will be added to your tuition.
|Grade||Saint Thomas Parishioner||Diocesan Catholic Parishioner||Non-Parishioner|
(2 days/ week)
(3 days/ week)
1st – 8th grade
1st – 8th grade
1st – 8th grade
We offer the following programs to suit more families: Hornets’ Nest (After School Program), Preschool Enrichment, and Kindergarten Enrichment. We will collect tuition for these programs with the same method of payment for your School Tuition. Below are the rates for these programs.
|Kindergarten Enrichment — 2 days/week||$1,270|
|Kindergarten Enrichment — 3 days/week||$1,580|
|Kindergarten Enrichment — 5 days/week||$2,090|
|Hornets’ Nest — 1 student||$470 x days/week|
|Hornets’ Nest — 2 students||$590 x days/week|
|Hornets’ Nest — 3 students||$740 x days/week|
|Hornets’ Nest — 4 students||$920 x days/week|
|Hornets’ Nest — 5 students||$1,150 x days/week|
To be considered an active parishioner and receive the reduced rate, you must commit to:
- Growing my faith in Jesus and living a Catholic life.
- Worshiping at Saint Thomas on a weekly basis.
- Using offertory envelopes to indicate my presence at worship with my family.
- Support our parish community’s works and ministries with my prayers, time and talent.
- Financially support Saint Thomas Parish. The recommended level of financial contribution for parishioners is a tithe of 5% of your household income to Saint Thomas the Apostle Parish and 5% to other charities. Saint Thomas Parish asks that I contribute as God has blessed me, as much as I am able.
- Understanding that if I fail to fulfill the requirements listed above, our tuition rate will be switched to the higher Non-Parishioner rate, and we will be in jeopardy of losing any scholarships that have been awarded.
Thanks to the generosity of the Saint Thomas Parish and Education Foundation, tuition assistance is available to active parish families of students in Grades PreK to 8. Families requesting financial assistance must submit an online application through SMART Aid. Financial aid requests are kept confidential.
The window to apply for financial assistance for the 2021-22 school year is open. The first deadline to apply is December 1, 2020.
For assistance in completing the online application, please check out the SMART Aid Parent Instructions and the SMART Aid Online Application Guide. For information and instructions about applying for aid, please visit the SMART AID web site.
Our SMART School ID number is: 13303
Our SMART Student code is: StThomApoGR
Please contact our School Office for further details and assistance.
Tuition assistance is awarded to those who complete the SMART Aid and have a demonstrated need. The scholarship available include:
- Diocese of Grand Rapids scholarships
- Saint Thomas Tuition Angel Program
- Saint Thomas Education Foundation scholarships
We use SMART Tuition for our tuition payments. Please register online at www.enrollwithsmart.com to set up your automatic tuition payments. Tuition is collected through this system. You indicate your tuition payment preferences during sign up.