We are so pleased that you would like to join our school community! The application process begins once we receive your student’s completed application form and registration fee.
Admission decisions are made by the Principal and Director of Development and Outreach along with the Director of Student Development when necessary. Admissions decisions are shared in a welcome letter sent via USPS. Enrollment is done on a rolling basis beginning with existing Saint Thomas families in early February and prospective families in late February/early March.
Factors we consider when reviewing your application:
- School mission/vision – we are an inclusive community, culturally, academically, and socioeconomically
- Our current enrollment and the culture/climate at each grade level
- Current academic information (student grades, teacher recommendations and test scores)
- Family and student meeting
- Preschool children must be 3 or 4 years old on or before September 1, of the upcoming school year.
- Kindergartners must be 5 years old before on or before September 1, of the upcoming school year.
At registration, we ask for a non-refundable fee. Please refer to our Tuition Information for a current fee schedule. Enrollment is not finalized until we have received this fee. When the number seeking enrollment is greater than the available openings, students will be admitted according to the following priorities:
- Children of parishioners currently enrolled (P-8).
- Children of parishioners seeking entry-level enrollment (Preschool and Kindergarten).
- Non-parishioner children currently enrolled (1-8).
- Children of parishioners with siblings currently enrolled (1-8).
- Non-parishioner children with siblings currently enrolled (1-8).
- Children of parishioners seeking enrollment (1-8).
- Other Catholic children from outside the parish.
- Children from families of other religious faiths.
If you are interested in registering your child at Saint Thomas School, download and complete the Admissions Questionnaire (PDF).
Then return it to 1429 Wilcox Park Drive SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506.
Thank you for choosing Saint Thomas as the educator of choice for your child. We look forward to working with you, starting with the registration process. By now, you have received a registration packet from our School Office. Below please find electronic copies of the required documents. If you have any questions, please contact our Director of Development and Outreach at 616.458.4228
Thank you for selecting Saint Thomas again as the educator of choice for your child. By now, you have received a registration packet from our School Office. Below please find electronic copies of the required documents and, as always, we are here to assist you. If you have any questions, please contact our school office.