We are so pleased that you would like to join our community! Here is our enrollment process:
- Step 1: Inquiry process.Schedule a school tour and meeting with us to answer a few questions.
- Step 2: School day tour or information event. School day tours are offered year-round and last approximately 90 minutes. These tours are led by our Director of Outreach and include a visit with either the Principal or Assistant Principal. These tours are one family at a time and allow parents to see our students and teachers in action. Complete an admissions questionnaire lets us know the uniqueness of your child/family and reasons for applying to Saint Thomas.
- Step 3: Student observation or school day visits. We invite all applicants to spend a full day at Saint Thomas the Apostle Catholic School. We will notify parents of date options once the questionnaire is on file.
- Step 4: Registration Process. The application process begins once we receive the student's completed application form and the registration fee.
- Step 5: Enrollment Notification. Admission decisions are made by the Principal and Director of Outreach along with the Director of Educational Support Services when necessary. Admissions decisions are shared in a welcome letter sent via USPS. Enrollment is done on a rolling basis beginning with existing Saint Thomas families in early February and prospective families in late February/early March.
Factors considered when reviewing admission applications:
- School mission/vision - we are an inclusive community, culturally, academically, and socioeconomically.
- Our current enrollment and the culture/climate at each grade level
- Current academic information (student grades, teacher recommendations and test scores).
- Family meeting
- School day visits
- Age Requirements: Preschool – children must be 3 or 4 years old on or before September 1, of upcoming school year. Kindergarten – children must be 5 years old on or before September 1, of upcoming school year
At registration, we ask for a non-refundable fee. Please refer to our Tuition Information for a current fee schedule. Enrollment is not finalized until we have received this fee and it is accepted by the parish office. When the number seeking enrollment is greater than the available openings, students will be admitted according to the following priorities:
- Children of parishioners currently enrolled (P-8).
- Children of parishioners seeking entry level enrollment (Preschool and Kindergarten).
- Non-parishioner children currently enrolled (1-8).
- Children of parishioners with siblings currently enrolled (1-8).
- Non-parishioner children with siblings currently enrolled (1-8).
- Children of parishioners seeking enrollment (1-8).
- Other Catholic children from outside the parish.
- Children from families of other religious faiths.
If you are interested in registering your child at Saint Thomas School, download and complete the Admissions Questionnaire (PDF).
Then return it to 1429 Wilcox Park Drive SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506. Please join us!